You may wonder how I came up with a list such as this. With 10 years of traveling and guiding tours through Italy, it wasn't that difficult! I'm just sayin'... So, next time you are in Italy, be a good little tourist and obey the 10 commandments!
1. Thou shalt not ask for a cappuccino after breakfast.
2. Thou shalt not ask for a "doggie" bag for a meal you cannot finish.
3. Thou shalt not continually compare Italy with the U.S. to every Italian you meet.
4. Thou shalt not presume everyone speaks English.
5. Thou shalt learn to correctly say buongiorno (good morning). grazie (thank you), and per favore (thank you) before leaving home.
6. Thou shalt not speak English with an Italian accent.
7. Thou shalt not expect dinner before 8 pm.
8. Thou shalt not order a coffee "to go."
9. Thou shalt not expect to pay for goods or services with U.S. dollars.
10. Thou shalt not have public displays of drunkeness.